The Feast of the Holy Family celebrates the holiness and joy of the Holy Family of Jesus, Mary and Joseph of Nazareth.
“The love, loyalty and dedication of Mary and Joseph are an example for all Christian couples, who are neither the friends nor masters of their children’s lives, but the guardians of this incomparable gift from God.” (Pope Benedict XVI, December 30, 2012)
"Couples are worth every effort to protect, if your husband/wife allows you to do these things, go for it, it will make a huge difference. And if he/she doesn't allow you to, it is okay, you have Jesus, pray for them anyway, and if you know a couple who might need help, please share, you will be blessed.
1. Pray together everyday
2. Go to bed at same time if you can
3. Ask how the other is feeling and truly listen to one another
4. Cultivate common interests, have common goals
5. Walk hand in hand or side by side. Be there for one another especially when they need you
6. Forgiveness each other and don't go to sleep angry at one another
7. Apologize to one another as soon as you hurt their feelings
8. Focus more on what your partner does right than what he or she does wrong
9. Say "I love you" and "Have a good day" every morning
10. Defend each other, you are friends first and guardian angels to one another
11. Respect each other and don't expose the mistakes or weaknesses of the another in public or to others if it is not meant for help
12. Call each other during the day to check on each other
13. Remember God put you together to LOVE one another. It is a heavenly task! Do your best at it, everyday!"
Let's pray a Rosary to thank for all the greatness we have today and ask Jesus, Mary and Joseph to intercede for our family and all the families in the world, specially the ones that are in great need of our prayers.
Always add an extra decade when you pray the rosary for the souls of purgatory. This was suggested by Our Lady of Lourdes when She appeared to St. Bernadette as the Immaculate Conception.
God bless you!
7 Sorrows Rosaries